Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT: BY BECOMING A MEMBER, THE PROPERTY OWNER CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE IS THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY ADDRESS / ADDRESSES PROVIDED, THAT HE/SHE IS A NATURAL PERSON OVER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY APPLICABLE LAW, AND THAT HE / SHE AGREES WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN.
- Deed Shield, LLC provides monitoring services for property owners to help protect against fraudulent transfers, deed or mortgage fraud, and equity stealing. Equity stealing occurs when an unauthorized party uses fraudulent methods to change the ownership records and illegally borrow money against the property’s equity without the knowledge or consent of the property owner. Deed Shield, LLC regularly monitors all public records for unauthorized activity, including the applicable county property appraiser’s office, the county’s recorder office, the county’s tax collector’s office, and the state’s division of corporations. The purpose of the monitoring is to ensure the property owner is made aware of any unauthorized activity, and to allow the property owner, together with Deed Shield, LLC under the property owner’s active membership, to take steps to stop any further fraud and equity stealing, and to minimize and cure any effects of the unauthorized activity.
- In the event Deed Shield, LLC detects any activity in the public records, the property owner is immediately notified in order to confirm the activity was properly authorized. In the event the activity WAS authorized, Deed Shield, LLC will notate the property owner’s account and continue with its monitoring services. In the event the activity WAS NOT properly authorized, steps will be taken to stop any further fraudulent activity, and to minimize the effect of the unauthorized activity.
- In the event any effects were suffered by the property owner as a result of fraudulent activity, including change of ownership, equity stealing, etc., Deed Shield, LLC works with its affiliated law firm(s) in order to cure those effects, up to the total credit of $25,000.00, so long as the property owner is still a member at the time the effects were discovered. The total costs incurred to cure the effects of the fraudulent activity may include, but shall not be limited to the following: legal consultations, title searches, title examinations, preparation and recording of curative documents, filing police reports, communications with all parties involved in the fraudulent activity, including title companies, lenders, and banks, and filing of any curative lawsuit to clear the effects of the fraudulent activity.
- In the event any effects were suffered by the property owner as a result of fraudulent activity, the property owner shall cooperate fully with any curative measure taken by Deed Shield, LLC and its affiliated law firm(s), upon request. The property owner hereby acknowledges that if cooperation is required, and the property owner fails to comply with the curative efforts, the effects of the fraudulent activity will remain. In such event, Deed Shield, LLC and its affiliated law firm(s) shall not be held responsible for such effects resulting from the property owner’s failure to cooperate. Such failure of the property owner to cooperate with Deed Shield, LLC and its affiliated law firm(s) shall also render the property owner ineligible to receive the credit up to $25,000.00 described herein.
Enrolling In Your Membership
- In order to enroll in membership to Deed Shield, LLC, the property owner must provide accurate information concerning the property address / addresses and contact information, including an email address.
- By enrolling in the membership, the property owner agrees for Deed Shield, LLC to monitor all deed transactions concerning the property or properties, including any change in ownership, adding or removing of owners, or changing of authorized persons within the ownership entity.
- By enrolling in the membership, the property owner acknowledges that all the information monitored by Deed Shield, LLC is a matter of public record.
- The property owner hereby confirms that the property address or addresses provided are accurate, the contact information including the e-mail address provided is accurate, and that the payment method is accurate and belongs to the property owner. Should any change occur with respect to the information provided, the property owner will immediately
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the necessary changes.
- The property owner hereby agrees to the membership automatically renewing at the applicable price set forth by Deed Shield, LLC, until cancelled. Our prices are subject to change, but notification of same will be provided to you in advance.
Payment For Your Membership
- Once enrolled, we retain the property owner’s payment information and payment method. We use the payment method and information provided in order to bill and automatically renew the property owner’s membership. We reserve the right to verify the payment method prior to acceptance of the order. We also reserve the right to verify the credit card or bank card information, including any updated card information, such as the new number or expiration date, and retry failed payments to complete the payment due.
- The property owner further acknowledges and agrees that the property owner is personally responsible for any applicable state, federal, or other taxes that may be associated with the purchase of the Deed Shield Membership. We also reserve the right to collect any and all sales taxes applicable to the purchase.
Property Owner’s Conduct
- The property owner understands and agrees that perfect protection against fraudulent activity concerning his / her deed does not exist anywhere. The property owner will neither recklessly or negligently sign documents without knowing and understanding the meaning of those documents, nor authorize any other party to do the same without the property owner knowing and understanding what is being signed. The property owner agrees not to contribute in any way, directly or indirectly, to any falsification of documents pertaining to the deed, or any other document which may impact the ownership of the property or properties. Any knowledge of or contribution towards the fraudulent activity shall render the property owner ineligible to receive the credit up to $25,000.00 described herein.
Cancelling Your Membership
- The property owner may cancel their membership and automatic renewal by submitting a
request to email@example.com.
- If the property owner cancels the membership, it will no longer automatically renew.
- The purchase of a monthly membership is NOT eligible for a refund. If the property owner
cancels the membership, it will not automatically renew next month but the protection will
continue for the remaining days in the existing (already paid for) monthly term.
Ownership of Intellectual Property Rights
- We retain all right, title, and interest (including all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secrets and all other intellectual property rights) in www.deedshield.com, our designs, logos, trade names, as well as the services provided by Deed Shield, LLC.
- The services provided hereunder will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida, without regard to any laws that would direct the choice of another state’s laws and, where applicable, will be governed by the federal laws of the United States.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, DEED SHIELD, LLC MAKES NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR GUARANTEES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES RELATING TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED OR PRESENTED. UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY STATED, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MEMBERSHIP SERVICES PRESENTED BY OR THROUGH WWW.DEEDSHIELD.COM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WHERE-IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
Limitation of Liability
- DEED SHIELD, LLC, OUR AFFILIATES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM THE MEMBERSHIP, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, IN THE EVENT WE ARE FOUND LIABLE FOR DAMAGES TO YOU IN A COMPETENT LEGAL PROCEEDING OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE MEMBERSHIP IS LIMITED TO FIVE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($500.00).
For about $0.33 per day, you can Shield your property from Fraud and protect your hard-earned assets.